MR. SHEKHAR MALANI
Masters in Electrical Control Systems -USC, Los Angeles
University of Southern California
MS, Electrical Engineering – Control Systems
2003 – 2005
Bachelors in Electronics from Nagpur University
1999 – 2003
- 12 years of experience in Automotive domain.
- Technical Team Leadership, Emission Systems Testing and Electronics Development experience at Cummins Emissions Solutions, Inc.
- Controls Development, Algorithm tuning experience at Cummins Inc., USA.
- Automotive Engine Reconditioning experience at B. Malani & Co., Nagpur.
- Co Founder (Vroomble Services Pvt. Ltd.)
- Proprietor (Devise Engineering Services)
- Educational Tools Developer (Ascend Academics)
- Assistant Chief Engineer (Cummins Emission Solutions)
- Group Leader – Engineering(Cummins Emission Solutions)
- Executive Manager – Application Engineering (Cummins Emission Solutions)
- Controls – Systems Engineer (Cummins Inc.)
- Diagnostics Development Engineer (Cummins Inc.)
- Diverse experience in automotive industry from service network to research & development.
- Experience in engine, vehicle, after treatment and power-train controls for multiple emission regulations.
- Experience in catalyst systems for NOx, PM, CO and HC reduction in after treatment for commercial vehicles.
- Experience in design and development of after-market diagnostic tools and troubleshooting processes.
- Experience of working with multiple engine and vehicle OEMs including Chrysler, Nissan, Freightliner, Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland
- Experience of working with multiple suppliers including Siemens VDO, Continental, NGK, Bosch, Beru, ZF, Eaton, Johnson Matthey and BASF
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to attain goals.
Comprehensive skill set coupled with a constant desire to learn
- Mr. Malani was a speaker at The Siemens event covered by SAE mobility magazine.
- Electronics integration with Engines and Vehicles
- Design and Development of SCR, DOC, DPF Aftertreatment Systems
- Integration of Engine and Aftertreatment Systems
- Application of Hydrocarbon and Urea (Adblue) dosing systems
- Development of OBD diagnostics for engine and aftertreatment systems.
- Vehicle CAN Networks and Vehicle Interfaces
- Vehicle Diagnostics Test Tools and Interfaces
- Industry Standards SAE J1939, SAE J1587, SAE J2012, ISO 15031 and ISO 15765
- Experience with global OBD, SIR and CARB regulations
- Engine Diagnostics Testing and Validation